Translate

Tuesday 6 January 2015

2014 Lessons & 2015 Expectations


"Sorry for the late post, this was to be a New Year Eves/Old Year Night post, I away during that period with limited Internet access."

2014 was definitely the year of lessons. I learnt so much about myself in 2014, I went in-depth with what I wanted in life and learnt how to cope with unexpected situations.

I'm a really structured person, but 2014 taught me how to go with the flow and stop being such a constant planner. Many things went south for me in 2014; some were expected, most were unexpected.

Lessons from 2014

  • Be structured but don't be an obsessive planner. I had a vision for my life in 2014. I was obsessed with making sure everything goes as planned. 2014 forced me to just let go and be one with the wind; to just go with the flow and live life as it comes.

  • Anxiety; control it. My anxiety was so strong in 2014. I'm a calm person on the outside but on the inside there's a worldwide of emotions. In 2014 I found ways to control my nerves. I learnt to not only keep calm on the outside but also on the inside.
  • Let Go & Let God. My faith was tested so much this year! My faith plays a huge part of my life and I'm such a planner, I didn't allow God to take the forefront. 2014 taught me to just gave in and let it go. I decided to let God have control. 
  • Be expressive.I love keeping things in, it's a defence mechanism for protecting my feelings, but in 2014 I realised its better if you just say how you feel. Especially if it's something or to someone that's of great importance to you.
  • Never give up. This was the greatest lesson taught to me in 2014. Upon completing Community College everything seemed to have taken a downward slope in every aspect of my life. There were so many opportunities for me to give up, I didn't.  I knew that to enjoy the highs in life, you must endure the lows.

2015 please be good to me.


2015 Resolutions

  • Be happy. I want happiness in every area of life,  not just in some aspects. I want constant joy and fulfilment; even during tough times.
  • Do not settle. I refuse to just settle for what life thinks is good enough for me. I want to get more out of life.
  • Let God have his way. Simple as that; I want to give God full control in everything concerning me.

That's all guys. What I learnt in 2014 and my expectations for 2015.
If you can  relate, or have learnt anything in 2014 or have any 2015 expectations, comment below.

- xox
Michel'Lee R. Williams

2 comments:

  1. To true happiness!! Xx
    Happy 2015 doll :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To true happiness!
      Thank you so much for stopping by hun.
      All the best to you and your blog this year!

      Delete