Translate

Thursday 15 January 2015

Sex and other things



"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love."

-Tom Robbins


Growing up as a young teen, the topic "sex" was something my Pastor was always very verbal and straightforward about.  She was always very open and candid with that aspect of our lives because our youth group consisted of mainly females. 

She made it her duty to inform us on the repercussion
 of sex and exactly what we would be getting into when we decide to have sex. She was always that voice of reason. Especially when it came to our relationships. She was never forceful, it was always her opinion, we were the eventual decision makers.

One thing I kept with me from those multiple youth sessions and the numerous sex talks was that, "sex should not be taken lightly". Sex was much more than a physical encounter.

I've heard people say many times that sex is an emotional and spiritual encounter. When two people have sex, you never leave the same. Both partners always leave with a portion of each other; you always leave with a part of yourself missing and apart of your partner gained.

As a young woman,  I don't think of sex as just something you do in your spare time, or something you must do when in a relationship. I personally take the act of having sex very seriously. Whenever I do decide to share my body with another person it will definitely not be based on the popularity of young women my age who are having sex, or the need to do so just to express the level of my love.

Keep in mind that sex is not just between two sexual organs, it's between two souls, two bodies and two hearts.
You're sharing not only your body but also your soul. 


What are your views on sex? Comment below. Chat back with me.


-xox
Michel'Lee R. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment